At Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual’s value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A Little Bit About Our Team
Warner Music Group is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented senior coordinator to join our team. We are tight-knit, high-performing group that oversees the catalogs of several hundred artists, and are looking for another team member that can help us function effectively, efficiently, and creatively!
We specialize in Warner’s esteemed artists who signed to the label more than 20 years ago, spanning genres from Soul, R&B, Jazz, and Hip-Hop to Classic Rock and Pop.
Why This Could Be Your Next Big Break
Our new senior coordinator has the opportunity to work alongside and learn from the strategists, marketers, and A&R directors responsible for some of the most critically acclaimed releases in recent years from beloved artists including Joni Mitchell, The Doors, Busta Rhymes, CSNY, Fleetwood Mac, The Replacements, Aretha Franklin, and more. This person will be part of a dynamic team re-imagining what it means to develop and market catalog albums in a streaming world, crafting releases that will introduce timeless hits and forgotten gems to new generations of fans, and help protect and grow the legacies of iconic artists for the foreseeable future. This position is a great platform for someone looking to get into the music industry to learn the foundational skills at the intersection of art and commerce, and to use those skills to grow inside the company.
Here You’ll Get To
- Learn each step of the process of producing physical music product and work as a liaison between the production and content development teams
- Work with the art team to create quick-turn digital assets for trending moments
- Participate in and contribute to the A&R process to help make incredible records and digital releases for iconic artists
- Facilitate successful marketing campaigns by managing the purchase order and invoice intake process
- Manage budgets
- Support marketing by overseeing the inventory and distribution of promotional products on behalf of the content teams
- Conduct research in the WMG vaults to ensure that all appropriate songs and albums are available to stream on appropriate platforms with whom WMG has licensing deals
- Conduct research in the WMG vaults to identify, and work alongside the content and video team to prepare and deliver, classic videos to appropriate platforms
- Work alongside the A&R admin team to ensure that all paperwork and relevant metadata related to every single, album, and video release is accurate, consistent, and complete
- Work with the business affairs and legal teams to ensure that songs, albums, samples, and artwork is appropriately cleared for release
- Able to multi-task, ensure meticulous attention to detail, prioritize and work well under pressure & deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Have excellent research skills
- Have a working understanding of current metadata and content identification conventions
- Current on today’s music industry environment including streaming/digital platforms
- Able to work well independently, take initiative, identify potential issues & successfully problem-solve with sound business deliverables
- Able to effectively optimize processes and efficiencies, and manage budgets
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT), along with a high aptitude for learning new software programs.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a remote environment
- Have access to high-speed internet at all times
- Have relevant computer skills and basic competence with Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Able and willing to commute to the offices in downtown Los Angeles in a post-pandemic world when in-person work resumes
- Have a vehicle that will allow you to travel to mastering studios, meetings, the vaults, etc. as needed
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- High school level education or its equivalent, including and/or augmented by additional course work, preferably at the college level, in business administration or a related field
- One (1) to two (2) years of highly relevant experience, preferably at a record label, management company
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click here to apply.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG. Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.