Bravado is seeking an enthusiastic, collaborative, & creative Apparel Design Intern to support both apparel and graphic design functions, in close collaboration with product development/ production for our extensive roster of entertainment properties covering artist merch/ product across e-commerce, tour, & retail channels.
- Rising junior or rising senior enrolled in an accredited college/university in the US in the 2022-2023 school year
- Must be available for the entirety of summer internship program: June 6 – August 12, 2022
- Must be able to work up to 30 hours per week
- Flexible schedule: Can be fully or remote or if local to NYC or LA, this position will follow a hybrid schedule 2-3 days per week in-office, the rest remote
How You’ll CREATE:
- Shadow Apparel Designers & assist in initial concept development through post-production, to help ensure product execution is in line with design intent
- Help setup approved products with design callouts, print/garment information, & accurate sizing/placement templates for tech packs
- Suggest body colors, washes, silhouettes
- Assist in tracking product lifecycle from designer pass-off to final TOP
Strong Photoshop skills in order to assist with:
- Photoreal body mockups
- Light graphic design work
- Product shots for e-commerce
Strong Illustrator/ Indesign/ Keynote skills in order to assist with:
- Building presentation decks
- Technical Illustrator flats
- Assist with R&D forecasting including fashion trend research, art direction, & design concepts (graphics, color, silhouette)
- Compile trend reports & mood boards
If local to NYC or LA, in-office responsibilities include:
- Samples tracking & organization- log and ship samples, facilitate and monitor sample return
- Help with showroom setup
- Working with sales/ designer to pull appropriate samples
- Manage digital and physical libraries (samples, fabrics, trims, print techniques)
Bring Your VIBE:
- Fashion Design major or a similar major within the Design/Creative field
- Must be proficient in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Bridge, Acrobat), in addition to Keynote
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and remain organized to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong eye for trend & an interest in staying on top of fashion, culture, social, & design trends
- Interest in music/ merch a plus!
This internship is paid. If you would like to be considered, email your resume to Internships@umusic.com with Subject: Bravado – Apparel Design Intern.
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.