Congratulations to Music Biz member Qobuz, the world’s first and only certified Hi-Res (24-bit/up to 192k) streaming service, which saw its launch in the US this week! A hybrid streaming service and download store, Qobuz first launched in 2007 in Europe and today boasts nearly 40 million CD-quality (16-bit) and millions of Hi-Res (24-bit/up to 192 kHz) tracks, the largest available selection of Hi-Res streaming tracks anywhere.
Qobuz will be available on all app stores with a robust slate of features including:
- Streaming in up to 24-bit/up to 192 kHz true Hi-Res FLAC (about 29x the audio quality of MP3) with compatible gear.
- The option to stream and offline download an unlimited amount of music on all devices-including both mobile and desktop.
- A parallel Hi-Res download store with files for purchase allowing for options that flow substantial revenues back to creators- premium pricing for Hi-Res masters is a growth area for record labels.
- Exclusive, curated, and in-depth editorial content.
- Deep metadata, complete digital booklets, interactive articles, reviews, and playlists in-app on every platform.
Click here to read more about all that Qobuz has to offer from Rolling Stone.