Feed Media Group makes it easy, fast and legal for businesses to use music to drive revenues by delivering the most engaging customer experiences. We deliver pre-cleared music—compiled by the industry’s best curators—complete with user analytics, payments to rights holders, and legal indemnification for our customers. Feed.fm powers music for the world’s leading brands including American Eagle Outfitters, Mayo Clinic, Mirror, Nautilus and Tonal; and up-and-coming startups use Adaptr to create unique music-based experiences. Our music partners include Warner, BMG, Merlin and Kobalt.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join Feed.fm to work hand-in-hand with our current engineering team, music curators, customer support, and product team using cutting edge technologies to develop new opportunities to add popular music to apps, connected fitness devices, and physical spaces. We are a small team, so you will have a hand in all aspects of our services, including our music ingestion and delivery, analytics collection and reporting, and web services used by our clients and curation team.
At Feed Media Group, we believe the best candidates are eager communicators, learn quickly, are compassionate, collaborate well with others, and have a strong desire to see their work in action. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. If you are a member of a group that has been historically underrepresented in technology, we especially encourage you to apply.
Why Feed Media Group
- Innovative product space, enabling companies to incorporate popular music into their apps and services.
- Modern tech stackExperienced, down-to-earth coworkers and investors.
- Our customers range from brand new startups to popular companies you already know like Fitbit, Nautilus, Tonal, Mirror, American Eagle Outfitters, and Life Fitness.
- Hosted on AWS, our backend consists of a GraphQL API built on Node.js services that interact with MySQL, ElasticSearch, and S3 datastores.
- Our web frontend is written in modern React, and we have iOS, Android, and React-Native SDKs.
- Our deployment pipeline is built on Github Actions.
- Develop public and internal API endpoints for our music service.
- Assist in the development of our customer facing SDKs.
- Assist in the development of public and internal web apps used by customers and internal music curators.
- Ensure our service continues to be responsive and resilient as we add new customers.
- Work with and develop our tools and services that:
- Power the backend to our customer facing websites and portals;
- Deliver music to applications using our client SDKs;
- Track music playback and generate reports for our music providers and licensors;
- Power the backend to our internal curators’ content management system;
- Generate analytics and reporting from playback and client data.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to collaborate with others.
- Experience building and consuming web services (GraphQL preferred).
- Mobile development experience, particularly in iOS, Android, and/or React Native.
- Strong testing skills.
- Experience with relational databases and document stores (MySQL and ElasticSearch preferred).
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS preferred but not required).
- Experience with audio processing technologies such as ffmpeg, Icecast/Shoutcast, etc.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies (Terraform, CloudFormation, Docker, etc.)
Comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k contribution plan
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Click here to apply.