Music Biz Member Disney Music Group is seeking to add a Director of Sales & Digital Marketing to its team. Based in Burbank, CA, the person in this roll leads a team that is responsible for the creative marketing and commerce efforts across key partners including YouTube, VEVO and Social Media. Additional responsibilities include podcasts, artist and brand channel optimization, and emerging technology.
Remit covers brand verticals including Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Hollywood Records, National Geographic, Fox, FX, Disney Music Publishing, Disney Concerts and more.
Reports to VP, Sales & Digital.
- Lead teams across social media and streaming video efforts globally
- Act as key point of contact for all social media partnerships
- Pitch and market all new music videos and artists for placements across YouTube, VEVO, Facebook, etc.
- Manage two top 5 accounts, as well as all User Generated Content efforts for Disney Music catalogue of recorded music and compositions
- Drive creative digital marketing initiatives across all projects and releases in conjunction with DMG marketing team
- Work with Artist managers, cross-lines of business teams for efforts around all projects
- Develop marketing plans and initiatives with 3rd party agencies
- Develop full digital marketing plans for all key projects across the Disney Music Group
- Lead development, creation, delivery, and marketing of DMG podcasts
- Manage and educate broader team on best practices regarding allowlisting, anti-piracy, content protection
- Lead regular sessions to update the broader company about policy and procedure
- Liaise with UMG distribution for content claiming and monetization, as well as protection
- Source new opportunities to keep DMG at the forefront of these critical spaces
- Minimum 8 years’ experience working in the entertainment industry, preferably music
- Previous leadership experience
- Creative mind with logistical follow through
- Strong passion for music and technology
- An openness to a quickly and perpetually changing landscape
- Proven success building and maintaining internal and external relationships
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
- Extremely detail oriented, with strong follow up skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills – diplomacy and interpersonal skills are a necessity
- Strength in multitasking is a must, with ability to work manage a high-pressure environment
- Insatiable curiosity regarding the music, entertainment, and technology industries
- Extremely positive attitude can do spirit and ability to thrive at being a team player
- Experience with data and analytics
- YouTube Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
Click here for more information and to apply.