On January 24-25, the Music Business Association (Music Biz) and Music Ally, in association with Armonia, hosted the first-ever NY:LON Connect conference in London. The event featured keynote presentations from Jonathan Dworkin of Universal Music Group and Ed Peto of Outdustry as well as a one-on-one interview with Will Page of Spotify and a variety of panels, presentations, and more featuring top executives from all three major labels, Merlin, Pandora, SOCAN, Downtown Music Publishing, SpinMedia, The Orchard, Midia Research, and many more. All in all, it was a big success! Photos from the event can be found below, as well as a sampling of press coverage. Keep an eye out for announcements on next year’s event, which will be held in New York City!
See photos from the event – https://www.splento.com/photos/2HloGh?fromLetter
- Billboard – Pandora, UMG, Orchard Execs Talk Lower Streaming Prices (Surprise, They’re Against It)
- Hypebot – YouTube Pays Indies 10% Of What Spotify Does, says Merlin CEO
- Music Business Worldwide – Universal: You’re All Gonna Have to Trust Us on This One…
- M Magazine – Music Industry Is Moving Towards an ‘Attention Economy,” Says Sony Exec
- M Magazine – ‘Potential for Growth Is Huge,’ Says Music Streaming Expert
- RAIN – NY:LON Connect conference talks streaming prices, indie successes
- Music Ally – The Future for Labels? ‘The Enemy That We Have Is Kittens!’
- Music Ally – ‘Blockchain Saving the Record Industry? I Don’t See It…’
- Music Ally – How ‘Sleeping Giant’ China Is Waking Up to Legal Music
- Music Ally – Music Marketing: Snapchat, Spotify Playlists, Apple Music and More
- Music Ally – Digital Music Trends from Russia, China, Africa and Latin America
- Music Ally – Universal Music and Spotify Talk Music-Streaming in 2017
- Music Ally – Universal Music Talks Brands: ‘If You’re Listening to The Rolling Stones, You’re Drinking Coca-Cola Not Pepsi’
- Music Ally – Have We Truly Turned a Corner with Music-Streaming?
- Music Ally – Will 2017 See a New Wave of Inventive Music Startups?