Music Contract Specialist, Original Content - Legal & Studio Affairs – Apple Music
Company Website: https://www.apple.com/apple-music/
Location: Culver City, CA
Position Type: Junior Staff
Employment Type: Full-Time
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent?
Do you possess a passion for innovation and enjoy working in the legal field? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses.
Apple’s Original Content Legal group seeks an exceptional individual to provide support for Apple’s new-media music legal team, which supports Apple’s original video content efforts worldwide.
- 10 or more years experience in interpreting, drafting, negotiating and managing music, new media, television and/or film contracts, including synchronization licenses for television and/or film and trailers or other marketing/promotional spots
- Extensive experience in contract management
- Deep understanding of contract terms for music licensing, music talent and music production agreements
- Extensive knowledge of the music business and production across different types of programming
- Established, strong relationships within the music and entertainment industries
- The ideal candidate will have experience with a variety of music related matters including composer, music supervisor, songwriter, co-publisher, artist, talent, producer and record label deals, synchronization and master use licensing, new media distribution, nonscripted content and other emerging technologies.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams
- Sound judgment, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects at a time
Desired Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will be a diligent and dedicated negotiator and drafter and an energetic team member on the ground, who can draft, negotiate, and manage contracts in support of our attorneys.