Spotify’s mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their work and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it.
The Marketplace team builds Spotify’s content and creator platforms. Our Content Platform ingests, understands, and safeguards the world’s audio. Our products – Spotify for Artists (S4A), Soundtrap, and SoundBetter – enable artists and their teams to create, connect, and grow their audience.
As Head of Spotify for Artists, you’ll lead a cross functional product development team to develop and execute our strategy for our core applications and services for artists, labels, publishers and writers.
What You’ll Do
- Own the P&L of the Spotify for Artists businesses
- Lead our strategy and execution for our core applications and services for artists, labels, publishers and writers
- Innovate ways for artists and their teams to manage and understand their Spotify business and connect and transact with one another
- Develop a suite of free and paid offerings
- Direct our artist Customer Support offerings
- Lead a cross functional team including product management, technology, design, user research, analytics, and sales ops to achieve success as a unit
- Collaborate closely with marketing and music teams to craft and tune products based on market feedback and to drive cohesive go-to-market strategies
- Ensure healthy practices for PMs, engineers, designers, researchers, analysts
Desired Skills & Experience
- Consistent track record of effectively leading a SaaS or marketplace product
- Experienced at leading large organizations across product development skill sets (technology, product management, design, data science)
- Inclusive people leader with experience of building and developing teams that drive impact
- Experienced at managing managers
- Passionate about serving creators and in improving the music economy for all
- Experience leading sophisticated critical initiatives. Distinctive problem-solving and analysis skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.