Spotify’s mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their work and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it.
The Marketplace team builds Spotify’s content and creator platforms. Our Content Platform ingests, understands, and safeguards the world’s audio. Our products – Spotify for Artists (S4A), Soundtrap, and SoundBetter – enable artists and their teams to create, connect, and grow their audience.
As Head of Creator Promotion, you’ll lead a large dynamic team to develop and execute our strategy for creator promotion services to artists and labels. You’ll have accountability for the P&L of Marketplace’s creator promotion business.
What You’ll Do
- Lead our strategy and execution for our creator promotion services to artists and labels, helping them grow their audiences and improve their streaming business in ways that are relevant and contextual to consumers
- Lead a cross-functional team including product management, technology, design, user research, analytics, and sales operations to achieve success as a unit
- Own our product portfolio of free and paid native promotional tools
- Collaborate closely with marketing and sales to craft and tune products based on market feedback and to drive cohesive go-to-market strategies
- Collaborate with senior leaders across Spotify’s management team to align plans with partners in the consumer team, ads team, premium team, and content teams
- Hold accountability for the P&L of the artist promotion business
- Ensure healthy domain practices for PMs, engineers, designers, researchers, analysts
Desired Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience leading product development in native promotional businesses
- Successful track record directly leading cross functional teams
- Inclusive people leader with a track record of building and managing teams that drive impact
- Experienced at managing managers
- Passionate about serving creators and in improving the music economy for all
- An outstanding communicator and are known for turning complexity into clarity
- Experience leading complex critical initiatives. Distinctive problem-solving and analysis skills
- Develop strategies that balance skating to where the puck is going while also executing in today’s reality
- Love to collaborate and learn from others
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.