Global Commercial Partnerships Manager – AWAL
Company Website: https://www.awal.com/
Location: London, UK
Position Type: Management
Employment Type: Full-Time
As the streaming landscape continues to grow and change, AWAL is looking for a personable, proactive and analytical Manager to work within the Global Commercial Partnerships team in a unique, future-facing promotions role.
As influencers in the streaming ecosystem become more niche focussed and fanbases become increasingly fragmented globally – promotional strategy in music needs to evolve and respond to these changes. The role is primarily an account management role but shared with an audience development remit using social engagement and marketing opportunities with 3rd party playlisting (playlist properties not owned and operated by DSPs), MCNs (multi-channel networks) and online content brands / influencers. The successful candidate will help shape and deliver a new global promotions strategy for AWAL artists.
This amazing opportunity will allow you to work with an incredibly diverse roster of up and coming as well as established acts, helping to drive their positioning, playlisting and profiles across digital services.
Reporting to the VP, Promotions, you will help with the day to day management of new release information and pitching materials to ensure new and ongoing releases are presented to selected UK & International DSPs as well as building long term promotional strategies and stories. To be successful in the role, we need someone with a natural inclination towards sales, but with a humble approach who is focussed on getting results in innovative and forward-thinking ways.
You will be AWAL’s primary contact for selected DSPs (Digital Service Providers) outside of North America and responsible for monitoring and reporting on streams, audience development, sales and trends using AWAL’s proprietary analytics tool. Ideally you have an analytical mindset, an eye for detail and love digging into the data!
- Manage day to day relationship and represent AWAL releases to selected Digital Service Providers, 3rd party playlisting, MCNs and content brands/influencers across multiple services
- Develop, drive and action audience development strategies across AWAL’s roster on selected Digital Service Providers in collaboration with the US Global Commercial Partnerships team, UK marketing and digital marketing departments
- Develop relationships with and methods to pitch AWAL roster to 3rd party playlisting, MCNs and content brands / influencers
- Work with marketing leads to help define and deliver promotional, streaming and playlisting strategies
- Prepare presentations for playlist and editorial pitching meetings
- Build and manage database of DSP contacts, 3rd party playlisting, MCNs, content brand / influencers and marketing opportunities
- Generate weekly reports on the status of artist campaigns including playlist and on-platform profile results
- Analyse performance of releases using the AWAL analytics tool and 3rd party platform analytics tools
- Communicate new developments, initiatives and best practices at select Digital Service Providers to the Marketing and Artist and Label Development teams
Desired Skills & Experience
- You will have experience working in the music and or influencer marketing industry ideally with a background working for a promotions company, digital accounts / commercial partnerships management team, or DSP in addition to a deep understanding of Digital Service Providers as well as working operational knowledge of digital delivery processes and digital services requirements
- An existing network and contacts in 3rd party playlisting, MCNs and content brands/influencers preferred but not essential as well as a comprehensive knowledge of current and future trends in music landscape
- Global outlook and understanding of international markets
- Strong verbal, written, communication and analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills as well as an organized self-starter with ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and work in a high-pressure environment