We are proud to announce that we are looking for a passionate and inspirational Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Consultant to join our ever-evolving organization. This is a newly created role, initially as a 6 months contract, where you will provide strategic and day-to-day operational guidance on all global diversity, equity and inclusion policies, programs, and practices for Kobalt Music. To accomplish this work, you will develop strategic goals and measures for success; identify additional sources for diverse talent and build networks with key stakeholders at these sources. We are open to candidates from all over the US, but the role has a global remit as you work closely with stakeholder groups across all our locations. We are currently 680 people based across 14 offices around the world.
- Develop a comprehensive D&I company strategy that supports Kobalt’s values and business goals.
- Provide strategic direction and support to our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council, our Employee Resource Groups, the global People & Culture team and other key stakeholder groups.
- Influence through learning and development and serving as a consultative change agent for the organization.
- Be a change agent, spearheading our global diversity, equity & inclusion mission in partnership with our executive management team and staff around the world.
- Leverage data to identify opportunities for growth, promote adoption of inclusive practices, establish D&I reporting structure, and communicate insights & recommendations to Executive Leadership.
- Establish mechanisms to measure, track, and report on diversity metrics.
- Align D&I goals and initiatives focused on recruiting, retention and employee development with business objectives.
- Guide and increase our understanding of the external communities we operate in and be a credible voice for Kobalt.
- Create D&I best practices to support our staff, artists, songwriters and clients.
- Collaborate with our People & Culture team on talent development, talent management, and talent acquisition strategies.
- Work closely with our Employee Resources Groups to represent Kobalt at targeted internal and external events, create strategic partnerships, and develop diversity, equity & inclusion-focused communication strategies and initiatives.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience leading diversity, equity & inclusion strategies.
- Proven track record of leading global company-wide diversity, equity & inclusion strategies, initiatives, and programs with multiple stakeholders, in a complex environment.
- Executive presence; confidence in facilitating, presenting, communicating, and influencing all levels of employees, as well as external partners.
- Capable of driving multiple initiatives and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and deepen connections with diverse people, groups, and communities across all demographics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical skills; able to turn data into insights and a compelling narrative.
- Experience in a related industry (e.g. media, entertainment or tech) is a plus.