Director, Corporate Communications – Sony Music
Company Website: https://www.sonymusic.com/
Location: New York City, NY
Position Type: Management
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Develop communications strategies and tactics around the company’s values and stories.
- Ensure Sony Music has strong communication plans and execution in place for its employee networks and key milestones throughout the year.
- Partner with Corporate Communications team members and key senior executives and stakeholders to execute on communications strategies.
- Manage several projects simultaneously while working collaboratively with the corporate communications team and internal stakeholders.
- Develop integrated storytelling to support and elevate the voice and work of Sony Music employees.
- Work with key external partners to create communications opportunities.
- Generate new ideas and collaborate with others in a matrixed, creative environment.
- Drive consensus across various business units for company’s communications goals.
- Assess audiences to leverage appropriate communications channels and develop content to meet different needs for communications strategies.
- Collaborate with the company’s Employee Resource Groups to effectively capture and communicate company stories and values.
- Continuously challenge the messaging and channels to keep content fresh.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Six to eight years in communications at a global corporation or equivalent experience.
- Direct experience with Diversity and Inclusion communications a plus.
- Proven ability to thoroughly and concisely advise on communications strategies, build relationships with internal and external audiences and enhance the overall organization’s culture, diversity and performance.
- Experience in successfully pitching journalists and developing media opportunities for high profile brands and executives.
- Strong writing skills including talking points, op-eds, strategic blog posts.
- A strong team orientation and experience required.
- Track record successfully managing internal and external communications at a global company including ability to collaborate with colleagues across the globe and understand cultural differences to ensure appropriate messaging.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure with a sense of humor.
- Ability to influence and drive positive change as an effective business partner.
- Strong presentation and communications skills.
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.