We are hiring an Associate Director, Catalog Marketing to join AWAL’s Global Catalog Marketing team in New York. Reporting into, and working very closely with, AWAL’s VP, Catalog Marketing, our ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, creative, curious, and committed to reinventing the traditional approach to catalog marketing.
This individual has a hunger to push boundaries through creative marketing campaigns that deliver commercial results and a proactive demeanor, ready to balance both day-to-day operational and strategic work.The role will collaborate with AWAL teams around the globe working with artists and repertoire originating from all territories.
What Will You Do?
- Be a change agent and lead, develop and implement progressive global marketing campaigns that drive catalog consumption and audience development for AWAL’s diverse roster of artist and label partners.
- Act as a subject matter expert, collaborate proactively with internal stakeholders across marketing, digital accounts, international, synch, physical sales, release management and ops on catalog campaigns.
- Establish 12-18 month catalog plans for priority global artists.
- Foster and manage excellent relationships with managers, artists, labels, digital accounts, and marketing partners.
- Craft creative catalog pitches to digital and physical accounts and develop account-specific marketing initiatives, on and off platform, collaborating with the commercial teams on presentation to partners.
- Develop and socialize regular catalog opportunity and consumption reports, marketing plans, budgets, and pitch materials.
- Compile, track, and analyze campaign goals including consumption and audience data to measure success and discover new opportunities.
- Oversee implementation of catalog optimization projects.
- Implement bespoke direct-to-fan campaigns promoting D2C initiatives and vinyl releases.
- Enthusiastically represent a forward-thinking catalog strategy in meetings across the global company, with managers, artists, and external partners.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A proven track record of leading, developing and executing successful marketing campaigns across a range of artists and genres, working directly with talent or estates and their representatives.
- Strategic, entrepreneurial, curious and experimental self-starter with a knack for storytelling.
- Passionate and familiar with multiple genres and eras within music and pop culture.
- Excellent understanding of music fandom and consumption behavior across digital and physical formats.
- Data-informed decision-maker utilizing information from AWAL’s proprietary analytics platform, YouTube analytics, Spotify for Artists, Apple Music for Artists, Amazon Music for Artists, Next Big Sound, Nielsen Music Connect, Chartmetric, Google Trends.
- Strong analytical, presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to embrace and influence positive change.
- Strong proficiency with GSuite tools, particularly Google Slides.