Who Is Eligible?
- Undergraduate and Graduate students attending schools that are Association members through our Academic Partnership program on a full-time basis. High school seniors entering college as freshmen in Fall 2023 and attending one of our Academic Partner Universities are also eligible.
- Employees, children and spouses of employees of Music Business Association member companies. The employee must have completed one year of full-time employment.
- Students who belong to the following select academic organizations:
- Diversify the Stage
- Scholarship Plus
- Well Dunn
- Please note: previous Scholarship Foundation winners are not eligible to receive another award package.
How Are The Winners Selected?
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of the applicant’s overall desire to work in the music business. You must clearly indicate your interest in pursuing a music business career for your application to be considered by the Scholarship Committee. Each student’s financial need, academic records and industry experience are also taken into consideration.
- The selection of scholarship winners will be made by the Association’s Scholarship Committee, under the guidance of at least one member from the field of higher education who is experienced in the evaluation and selection of scholarship award applicants. Scholarship winners will be chosen in mid-April and notified immediately.
How Much Is The Award And How Can It Be Used?
- Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $5,000 per recipient.
- Scholarships will not become effective until the recipient has been admitted to or is enrolled in an accredited college or university as a full-time student. The award will be sent directly to the school and credited to the student’s account.
- Scholarships can be used for any expense relative to the student’s education including tuition, board, books, lab fees, etc.
Scholarship applications for the Music Biz Class of 2023 are now open!
Click below to fill out our eligibility from and access the full application — all submissions are due by Wednesday, March 1!
CLICK HERE FOR ELIGIBILITY FORM