UnitedMasters is building a marketplace that connects artists, brands and fans – empowering artists to earn and grow. UnitedMasters has taken the bold step of building a music distribution service that, radically, puts artists first – disrupting the legacy music business by letting up-and-coming artists distribute their music directly to fans through streaming services while maintaining ownership of their master recording rights and up to 100% of royalties. Through the combination of UnitedMasters’ music distribution platform and its deep ties to brands, UnitedMasters enables independent artists and changemakers to grow and earn unlike any other platform.
The UnitedMasters team is made up of musicians, marketers, engineers, and storytellers with backgrounds from YouTube, SoundCloud, Pandora, Facebook, Uber, Dropbox, Complex, VICE, and more. We work hand in hand with the award-winning creative teams that forge those innovative partnerships at Translation (our in-house creative advertising agency).
What’s the role
We are looking for a Director, Streaming to lead and develop our relationships with DSP Platforms. You will play a key role in pitching and securing visibility and marketing opportunities for our artists and repertoire across DSP Platforms. You will create effective streaming campaigns that serve as vehicles to foster discovery and streaming growth for our diverse roster of artists. Developing and managing relationships is a key function of this role & you will communicate regularly with streaming partners so that our artists and repertoire are top of mind for pertinent opportunities. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator and has a deep understanding of all digital, social, and streaming platforms and their best practices.
- Collaborate with the VP to build and manage day-to-day relationships with assigned DSP’s.
- Develop and execute strategies for new releases, priority singles and key catalog.
- Represent the Streaming team in internal and external meetings with partners
- Use analytical skills to deliver regular reports and timely feedback concerning trends, opportunities, product performance, successes, competitive trends, best practices and relevant market conditions
- Initiate, develop, & execute on marketing strategies with the purpose of increasing digital streaming revenue & raw streaming numbers across the various DSPs
- Analyze data & research (artist history, benchmarks, previous campaigns, current efforts, etc.) to formulate plans leading into release campaigns.
- Create, distribute, & regularly update best practices & procedures for artist teams & labels to maximize potential across the DSPs, and increase streams, placements, & fan engagement for our releases
- Stay up to date on changes at each of the DSPs and send timely updates on these changes to the labels
- Appropriately pitch weekly releases to the DSPs with established goals & marketing strategies for placement on & off platform
- Optimize artist profile pages across DSPs
- Research ways the DSPs can impact artist campaigns while pitching new ideas
- Ideate creative opportunities with the DSPs, artists/managers, labels, & internally with our department & execute on these ideas throughout the course of a campaign
- Set regular business review meetings with the DSPs to properly set up priority releases on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Nurture existing relationships and continually develop new relationships with key digital and industry partners and work with them on marketing activities to create opportunities for artists.
- Develop a reputation as a go-to positive person who is constantly resourceful with a great attitude.
- 5+ years of progressive Commerce, Streaming, Digital Sales experience at a music or other related music company.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the music streaming landscape.
- Wide network of existing relationships across the music industry, DSPs, blogs/media, and social platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and professional experience with social platforms.
- A proactive communicator who can efficiently run cross-departmental projects with multiple stakeholders and maintain project timelines and deliverables.
- Must be experienced and skilled at acting as a liaison between the artists/artist management and the company using tact, persuasion, communication and trust.
- A team player that is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to help out the team.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized.
- Must be able to accept changes readily, both in job responsibilities, as well as in the work environment, and have the ability to be flexible in adapting to re-prioritized tasks.
- Creative, self-starter with exceptional follow-up skills.
Click Here To Apply
UnitedMasters empowers brands and artists to forge authentic connections with audiences at scale by bringing together culture, technology and storytelling. UnitedMasters has taken the bold step of building a music distribution service that, radically, puts artists first – disrupting the legacy music business by letting up-and-coming artists distribute their music directly to fans through streaming services while maintaining ownership of their Masters and up to 100% of royalties. UnitedMasters has over 1.3 million artists on its platform and is growing rapidly. Brands like Diageo, Ally, and ESPN come to UnitedMasters to partner with these artists and play a role in moving culture forward. In the past year, UnitedMasters subscribers have grown rapidly. With $170M raised to date and valued at $550M, UnitedMasters is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Apple, Alphabet (aka Google), and Disney amongst others.