Sr. Manager, Content Protection & Anti-Piracy (US) – Warner Music Group
Company Website: http://wmg.com
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Position Type: Management
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Global Digital Account Management team within WEA, Warner Music Group’s distribution division.
A Little About Our Team
We provide support to our label and territory partners in rights management, optimization, and content protection to ensure maximum revenue opportunities at our commercial digital partners.
Why This Could Be Your Next Big Break
We are looking for someone who is eager to interact with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders to protect Warner Music Group’s content and who is motivated to help our artists maintain control over their release plans. This person is a leader and will help shape a world-class content protection team.
Here You’ll Get To:
- Collaborate with an international team to provide on-call emergency leak coverage and day-to-day response to repertoire owner requests submitted via our internal e-mail alias to stop infringing activity
- Independently monitor digital platforms and search engines for infringements of Warner Music Group’s content
- Conduct and coordinate takedown actions across various Digital Service Providers in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- Collaborate with internal label partners, the Digital Operations team, and other internal stakeholders to coordinate the creation and delivery of fingerprints and watermarks for digital content
- Work directly with our internal label partners and International affiliates to manage priority release schedules and maintain content protection worksheets to share with the team
- Coordinate with third-party anti-piracy services and industry trade groups to monitor and protect priority releases
- Receive and create first-seen reports for infringing uploads
- Coordinate with third-party partners to monitor and protect physical merchandise sold across multiple digital platforms and marketplaces
Desired Skills & Experience
- Use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Demonstrate proficiency with internet research and discovery tools
- Stay organized, on task and motivated
- Learn, dissect and implement new processes, procedures or concepts quickly
- Review analysis and translate it into actions
- Work independently
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 3-5 years of experience with digital content management, anti-piracy, or copyright matters
Why Join Us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.