Head of Reproduction Rights – SOCAN
Company Website: http://www.socan.com/
Location: Toronto, ON
Position Type: Executive
Employment Type: Full-Time
SOCAN is Canada’s largest member-based rights management organization. We serve and champion more than 160,000 music creators, publishers and visual artists, advocate for them, and protect their rights. We do this by using and building state-of-the art technology that ensures they are paid for their work – music and art we all enjoy.
▪ We’re a team dedicated to supporting the national and global music ecosystem with innovation, commitment and desire in an ever-changing music and business landscape
▪ We love music and believe that music creators and publishers provide a truly priceless and essential aspect of national pride and culture
▪ We’re immensely proud of our workplace culture and this attribute permeates our works
▪ Our team proudly supports and gives back to our communities and causes, raising tens of thousands of dollars for important charitable organizations and initiatives
How You Would Contribute to SOCAN
▪ Develop strategies to increase awareness of SOCAN Reproduction Rights and the most effective onboarding approach to improve create a positive experience for publishers and rights holders
▪ Gather information on all publisher and rights holder requirements to assist with the development of new products and services to increase reproduction rights revenue for SOCAN and the Reproduction Rights clients
▪ Work with the Licensing and Legal teams to ensure Reproduction R value is achieved in new licenses and agreements
▪ Coach, mentor and train all employees with respect to Reproduction Rights and where it differs from performing rights
▪ Network and build trusting relationships through the Canadian publishing industry
▪ Track and report on how other Reproduction Rights agencies are working globally to identify important elements that SOCAN can adopt to remain competitive
▪ Create and update communication plans to support the Reproduction Rights Strategic plan
▪ Provide Reproduction Rights expertise in improving SOCAN responses to inquiries, including additional training for employees, new processes, and improved communication tools
Desired Skills & Experience
▪ Extensive understanding of the Reproduction Rights and publishing industry
▪ Knowledge of the bi-cultural Canadian market
▪ Strategic leadership skills
▪ Strong analytical/critical thinking skills
▪ Strong communication and interpersonal skills
▪ Proficient in applicable office and business applications
Perks of the Job
As an employee of SOCAN, you will be eligible to receive the following benefits and perks, to help make your-day-to-day life a little bit easier:
▪ Comprehensive benefits plan (medical, vision, dental)
▪ Access to online medical service to receive professional advice and prescriptions if needed
▪ Defined Contribution Pension Plan, with employer matching
▪ Flexible spending account allowance that can be used towards medical or wellness related costs
▪ Competitive bonus
▪ Discounts at retail, attractions and much more
▪ Group discounts on car / home insurance
▪ Employee Family Assistance program
▪ Onsite fitness facilities and wellness programming
▪ Discounts at Goodlife Fitness membership
▪ Tuition reimbursement program
Equal Employment Opportunity
SOCAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hiring and other employment decisions at SOCAN are made without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, national origin, ethnic origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation, record of offences, marital status, family status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Selection & Interview Process
Skills and aptitude may be tested and selection will be based on factors such as past performance, previous related experience and alignment of aptitude, personal skills and attributes to those required to perform the job. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
If selected for an interview, skills may be tested, and selection will be based on factors, related experience and alignment of skills.
Interview teams are comprised of a diverse subset of people to ensure fair, equitable, consideration is made when considering each qualified candidate.
SOCAN is committed to providing an inclusive workplace environment that meets the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodations please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make the necessary accommodations. Applications submitted to this email address will not be accepted.