Create a forum for education, promotion and creation of information technology initiatives for the music industry. For members whose work is primarily focused on digital operations, data integrity and strategic integrations. Here you will find a seamless transition for the following digitalmusic.org workgroups:
Mission: To streamline digital operations in the content supply chain and reporting process.
- Shachar Oren, Neurotic Media
- Chris Read, INgrooves Music Group
Past Work Product & Ongoing Workgroup Efforts:
- Music Metadata Style Guide (V2.0)
- Ongoing education and promotion of music metadata initiatives (e.g., DDEX, ISNI, ISRC)
- Music Metadata Summit
- Held annually during our flagship event; next event May 12 in Nashville
- Designed for music and technology executives to understand the importance of managing information
- Music Metadata Style Guide (V1.0)
- Music Identifier and Acronym Reference
- Digital Supply Chain & Operations – A Music Industry Initiative (whitepaper)
Mission: To coordinate and standardize all non-recorded music assets relevant to the digital music value chain, such as artist images, credits, liner notes, archival assets, and more.
- Maureen Droney, The Recording Academy
- Paul Jessop, County Analytics
Past Work Product (under digitalmusic.org):
- 6/14/12 – MetaMillions (whitepaper) – examines the current state of digital asset collection, curation, and contextualization, presenting the business case for the establishment of standardized frameworks.
- 5/26/12 – Discovery Channels (whitepaper)- explored the state of music discovery on TV, in conjunction with Billboard magazine.