There are a few important criteria to keep in mind as you craft your best program submission for Music Biz 2024:
While Music Biz membership is not a requirement for submitting a proposal, active members are given priority consideration. There are many benefits to membership beyond participation in the Annual Conference — to learn more, visit musicbiz.org/about or contact our Membership Director, Sonya Askew, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All topics MUST present a balanced perspective, ensuring that attendees understand the full spectrum of an issue and that key industry stakeholders are given a chance to weigh in on the discussion from their vantage point.
Presentations, case studies, conversation/interview formats, and panels are encouraged. Those sessions that lend themselves best to a panel format MUST be limited to no more than one (1) moderator and three (3) panelists.
Presenters/panelists MUST be diverse in gender, ethnicity, age, geographic location, areas of expertise, and ideologies. This push is in line with Music Biz’s aim to accelerate change in the music industry and create a more inclusive environment for present and future generations. If balance and diversity are not achieved, the Association reserves the right to disqualify submissions, or suggest/add participants to a discussion to ensure that our standards are met.
Please know your audience. Music Biz Conference attendees include the following industry players: commercial businesses (interactive and non-interactive streaming services, online and physical stores, etc.); internet radio services; aggregators; major & independent labels and distributors; label services; brands; data providers; information technology companies; rights management & metadata solutions; startups; publishers and performing rights organizations; artist managers; business managers and finance professionals; supervisors; touring professionals; marketing & PR professionals; lawyers; and educators.
Artists are invited to attend the one-day Music Biz Roadshow program that will take place on Monday, May 13. Therefore, “Music Business 101”-type presentations geared specifically towards artists will only be considered for this portion of the conference.
NO sales pitch-oriented presentations will be considered.
Additional fine print:
- Submissions must be received by 11:59 PM PST on Wed., December 6th, 2023.
- Those whose submissions are chosen will be contacted by January 31, 2024.
- Panels must be fully staffed with panelists by Friday, March 29, 2024 so that proper follow-up and marketing of the session can be completed.
- There are no fees required to submit a proposal.
- Presenters/panelists will receive a complimentary full registration to attend the event.
- Music Biz does not pay per diem or honoraria, or provide travel expenses or hotel accommodations for those chosen to speak. Please let your panelists know this when you ask them to fill a panel slot.
- Music Biz does not offer speaker guest passes for the event.
Presentation Space Particulars
- The programming space at the JW Marriott Nashville will include:
- Wireless Internet connection;
- In-house sound hook-up; and
- Screen with LCD projector.
- If the presentation requires visuals, presenters should bring their own laptops to hook into the equipment outlined above.
- If the presentation requires equipment other than that shown above, the organizer and/or participants must provide equipment at their own expense.
Questions regarding your submission or the guidelines outlined above? Please contact Nicole Hennessey at 856.313.5532 or email@example.com.