There are a few important criteria to keep in mind as you craft your best program submission for Music Biz 2022
While Music Biz membership is not a requirement for submitting a proposal, members are given priority consideration. There are many benefits to membership beyond participation in the Annual Conference — to learn more, visit musicbiz.org/about.
As we prepare for Music Biz 2022, we are continuing to monitor the current state of the COVID-19 pandemic and will make decisions based on CDC guidelines and in the best interest of our attendees. We will require all attendees to show proof of vaccination, or a negative COVID test taken within 48 hours, before receiving their Music Biz 2022 badge at the JW Marriott beginning May 8, 2022. For those who are unvaccinated, are infected with the virus, or are not yet comfortable or permitted to travel, a virtual component of the conference is being offered.
All topics MUST present a balanced perspective, ensuring that attendees understand the full spectrum of an issue and that key industry stakeholders are given a chance to weigh in on the discussion from their vantage point.
Please know your audience. Music Biz Conference attendees include the following industry players: commercial businesses (interactive and non-interactive streaming services, online and physical stores, etc.); internet radio services; aggregators; major & independent labels and distributors; label services; brands; data providers; information technology companies; rights management & metadata solutions; startups; publishers and performing rights organizations; artist managers; business managers and finance professionals; supervisors; touring professionals; marketing & PR professionals; startups; lawyers; and educators.
Presenters/panelists MUST be diverse in gender, ethnicity, age, geographic location, areas of expertise, and ideologies. This push is in line with Music Biz’s aim to accelerate change in the music industry and create a more inclusive environment for present and future generations. If balance and diversity are not achieved, the Association reserves the right to disqualify submissions, or suggest/add participants to a discussion to ensure that our standards are met.
Presentations, case studies, conversation/interview formats, and panels are encouraged.
Those sessions that lend themselves best to a panel format MUST be limited to no more than a moderator and three (3) panelists.
NO sales pitch-oriented presentations will be considered.
Additional Fine Print
- Submissions must be received by 12 AM PST on Monday, December 6, 2021.
- Those whose submissions are chosen will be contacted in mid-January.
- Panels must be fully staffed with panelists by Friday, March 25, 2022 so that proper follow-up and marketing of the session can be completed.
- There are no fees required to submit a proposal.
- Presenters/panelists will receive a complimentary full registration to attend the event.
- Music Biz does not pay per diem or honoraria, or provide travel expenses or hotel accommodations for those chosen to speak.
Presentation Space Particulars
- The programming space at the JW Marriott Nashville will include:
- Laptop computer;
- Internet connection; and
- Screen with LCD projector.
- If the presentation requires visuals, files must be delivered to Music Biz at least 48 hours before your scheduled session to be loaded on a shared PC that will be set and ready when you arrive at your presentation room. If slides are sent less than 48 hours before the session, we may not be able to test them to guarantee audio/visual quality and performance.
- If the presentation requires equipment other than that shown above, the organizer and/or participants must provide equipment at their own expense.
If you have questions regarding your submission or the guidelines outlined above, please contact Nicole Hennessey at 856.313.5532 or firstname.lastname@example.org.